must see or do
· Photo the Fajardo dinosaurs
· Photo the petroglyphs and swim in the pools around them (see Robin Phillips)
· Hire Robin as a guide and have him take you into one of the falls deep in the jungle.
· Photograph and swim at La Mina Fall (north side of El Yunque)
· Hike Big Tree trail (north side of El Yunque)
· Photo La Coca Fall (north side of El Yunque)
· Eat and e mail home at Rickys next to the yacht club
· Eat some local Flan (local egg custard) at the "quickie" store to the right of Rickys.
· Take a catamaran trip out of Fajardo. Leaves early in the mornings. Bring along seasickness pills [if you get seasick], camera, bag for shells, sunscreen, and your snorkeling gear.
Traveler: 787-863-2821 or 863-1646
Fun Cat: 728-6606 or 383-5700
Spread eagle II: 787-887-8821
· See the Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve (open Wed. thru Sunday) 787-722-5882 or 787-860-2560 (weekends).
· Go play, swim, and collect shells on the public beach just down from the nature reserve.
· Go dive and/or snorkel via the dive shop across the street from Rickys
All the above is in Fajardo (northeast corner of PR) and in within a few minutes of each other. If you need anything--Wal Mart, Walgreens (one hour photo is open after 9 AM), and tourist shopping is available at the outdoor mall area on the interstate (Rt #3) that goes through Fajardo. There is also a movie theater across the highway from the mall and several movie rental places.